Your Ad Here

Change Infotype - History

Question:

 

I'm facing issue with SAP HR : I'm using PA30 to change IT0002, IT0105 and IT0315.

I'm using the "change" icon and I'm adding a new start date : I'm expecting SAP to create a new recording so I can track the history.

Nevertheless, it overwrite the existing current recording (I don't have multiple rows in PAxxxx tables).

I know a workarount would be to use the "create" icon but I would like to understand why this is happenning.

 

 

Answers:

 

For this to work please use "Copy" function.

For IT0002, for example, although it has time constraint 1, start date can be changed (if you're using Change functionality) with no history as long as it lies before the entry date of the employee.

 

Or

 

 

When you click on the change button in PA30, it means you are directly changing the record, history is not maintained by changing the record in this way. By entring new start date SAP doesn't create a new record.

 

You can use copy option (Shift + F9) to create a copy of infotype record and then change data. In this way history will be maintained.

No comments: